The home position is defaulted to approximately half way between the upper and lower limits. However, you might want to adjust this home position to accommodate light control. Adjusting the Home Position is easy!
If you are using the Premium Multi-channel remote, click here for the proper steps.
The home button lets you pre-program a favorite position for your shade. Watch this video to learn more about the home button and what it does.
To set a new favorite or home position for your shade, watch this short video, or follow the step-by-step instructions below the video.
NOTE: The favorite or home position can not be set using the Basic 2-Button remote.
NOTE: The home button can also be used to stop the shade while it's moving.
Setting a Favorite, Home, or Intermediate Position
Before You Start
If your remote currently controls a group of shades, you’ll first need to target the specific shade that you want to adjust the home position for. To do that, perform the following steps first:
- On the remote, press and release the program button on the back.
The remote LED will flash green.
- On the shade you want to adjust, press and hold the program button for 3 seconds.
The shade LED will flash green and the shade will jog.
Even after you target a shade, all of the shades in the group will still move with the remote. However, non-targeted shades won’t accept the new home position until you target them specifically.
Set a Favorite, Home, or Intermediate Position: Plus Single-Channel Remote
- On the remote, use the UP and DOWN buttons to move the shade to your desired home position.
- Press and hold the HOME button for 3 seconds. When the remote LED turns amber, release the button.
The shade will jog. This means you’ve set your new home position on that shade!
- If you need to adjust another shade’s home position, go back to the Before You Start section and repeat the steps for each shade.