First, it's important to rule out some common power-related causes before you can determine whether your shade is malfunctioning. To rule out common power-related issues, complete these steps:
STEP 1: Check the battery in the remote(s)
- Press and release any button on the remote control for the shade. Does the shade operate? Does the remote light up? What color is it? (See the LED color descriptions below.)
- If you need to replace the CR2430 battery in your remote, click here to learn how (a 56-second video opens in a new window).
Check the battery in the remote(s) for Multi-Channel Remote
1. Open the battery door on the back of the remote and ensure 2 AAA batteries are inserted and oriented correctly.
If a button has been depressed for several minutes the remote will go to sleep, the batteries will need to be removed and then re-inserted.
STEP 2: Check power to the shade motor
Test for power to the shade by pressing and releasing the program button on the shade (see below).
If the shade doesn't operate when you press and release the program/operation button, the most common cause is a power issue. Always check that connections are firmly made and that you have batteries installed correctly (if applicable). One of the easiest ways to determine whether a shade is operational is to substitute the power from a known working shade (if possible). If you don't have a known working power source to substitute, check the following:
- Check the connection from the battery case to the shade motor (a 14-second video opens in a new window).
- Check that the batteries were properly installed (a 13-second video opens in a new window).
- The batteries should look like this diagram with each row oriented in the opposite direction, making note of the (+) Positive and (-) Negative polarity embossed in the battery case:
Rule out defective motor; Press and release the Shade Program/Operation Button. If shade does not work with a confirmed operational power source or if LED lights cycle from green to red on motor, contact customer service at 1-877-792-0002 for assistance.
STEP 3: Re-Pair the Shade and Remote
If power is not the issue, the pairing between the shade and remote may have been lost. To repair the connection, follow these steps:
- On the shade, press and hold the program button for 7 seconds. When the shade jogs, release the button.
- On the remote, press and hold the program button on the back for 15 seconds. When the LED stops flashing, release the button.
The remote LED should flash green, amber, and red before turning off.
- On the remote, quickly press and release the program button on the back twice.
The remote LED will flash amber and green.
- On the shade, press and hold the program button for 3 seconds. When the LED flashes green, release the button.
The shade will jog once, and the shade LED will turn off. The shade is now paired with the remote!
If you're still unable to get any response from the shade—either when pressing the remote or when pressing the program button at the top right corner of the shade—call customer service at 1-877-792-0002 for assistance.
Assign the shades a channel for Multi-Channel Remote
Ensure the shades have been assigned to the channel. Steps for Channel Assignments click here